Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe makes the best old fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch with less calories than the original. Includes cookie baking tips.
It is an all-time favorite with young and
old alike, being delicious and easy to make.
Store bought will never
taste as good as these!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
butter, sugar, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until light and
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in morsels and pecans.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator and chill at least 1 hour.
from the refrigerator. Shape dough into balls the size of a large
marble or a little larger, using the palm of your hand.
Place balls onto
an non-greased, cold cookie baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
oven to 350 F. Bake approximately 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove cookies immediately with a spatula and place on a rack to cool.
Cookie Baking Tips
- If cookie dough is too soft to form into balls easily, place back in the refrigerator for another hour.
- Check on the status of cookies about 2 minutes before cooking time is
- Oven temperatures vary according to individual ovens and sea levels.
- You may need to take them out of the oven a little early or leave them
in another minute or two
- This method
makes a softer cookie.
- If you prefer a crispier cookie, cook in a 375 F
preheated oven. Adjust the cooking time to about 8 minutes.
- If you only have one or two cookie sheets to work with, run tap water
over pan to cool it off after removing each batch of cookies.
Or you can
place it on a cold towel to cool off.
- I like to work with
2 baking sheets at a time, having one ready to pop out of the oven and
one ready to pop in. Saves a lot of time!
- These cookies can be eaten cold or hot, right out of the oven!
- Last, but not least. You may modify this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
by substituting Macadamia Nuts for the Pecans, and White Chocolate
Chunks for the Chocolate Morsels to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
Return to Cookie Recipes
Return from Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to Home