Cold Pasta Salad Recipe Easy
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe Easy is a combination of pasta and vegetables
with a creamy Homemade Dressing.
Add one of the suggested ingredients to
make it a main dish for a luncheon or any light meal.
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 oz. uncooked shell pasta (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh whole cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, cut into 3/4 inches strips (Julienne style)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, cut as the green peppers
- 1/2 cup small sweet pickles, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup cooked green peas, drained (canned peas are fine and are optional)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (optional)
Cook pasta according to package instructions until it is as tender as you prefer.
Rinse in cold water and let cool completely before assembling your salad.
Cut your vegetables except the tomatoes.
Reserve a few of the tomatoes to garnish the top.
assemble your salad, place cold pasta in a salad bowl and pour your
chilled dressing over it and toss lightly.
Add your vegetables and toss
all together, gently.
This technique helps prevents your tender pasta
Serve immediately or chill all together before serving.
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano Cheese combined
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt*
Mix all together and place in refrigerator until pasta is done and vegetables are prepared.
*If you are limiting your salt intake, you may reduce the salt by 50% or omit it. The
reason for so much salt is because most of the salt cooked with the
pasta will wash away when you drain your cooked pasta and rinse it.
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe Easy Variations:
- Serve on salad greens of your choice on a plate or in individual salad bowls.
- Add a cup of diced cooked ham or chicken (chicken breast are lovely) to make a light main dish.
- Add a can (4.5 oz.) of tuna, drained.
If using tuna packed in oil, you can choose not to drain it.
The olive oil in the packed tuna is healthy, in my opinion. Plus, it adds to the flavor of the salad.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped boiled eggs.
Or use sliced boiled eggs for garnish.
- Add 1/3 cup Blue Cheese to the Salad Dressing.
This Cold Pasta Salad Recipe Easy makes an excellent salad to pack in a lunch container and take to work, if you have refrigeration available.
You can pack this it at home lunch box containers to have a quick, simple lunch whenever you want it or when your guests drop by and you don't feel like cooking in sweltering heat.
Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
Macaroni Tuna Salad Recipe
Return to Pasta Recipes
Like this page? Please share with your family and friends so those you care about can enjoy Old Fashioned Recipes again.
To share on Twitter and Facebook tap on button.